The City of Keizer is soliciting applications for volunteers to be considered to serve on the following committees:
Traffic Safety/Bikeways Pedestrian Committee – This committee is responsible for reviewing traffic safety issues in Keizer and making recommendations to the City Council for improvements. Members also make recommendations for future locations of bike lanes in the City and work to promote bicycle safety and use throughout the community. In addition to the monthly Committee meeting, there may be other events which require extra volunteer hours. The committee meets on the third Thursday of each month at 6 pm at City Hall. (Three open positions.)
Public Art Commission – This Commission reviews, evaluates, selects, maintains, and documents all artwork, public art and public murals within the city. The Commission may advise the City Council and City Manager on the management, execution, installation, or placement of the artwork, public art and public murals and will recommend guidelines for adoption by the City Council for the selection and placement of the artwork giving preference to Oregon artists. The Commission meets on the third Tuesday of every other month at 6:00 p.m. (One open position)
Community Diversity Engagement Committee – The purpose of this committee is to act in an advisory capacity to the Keizer City Council and to make recommendations to the Keizer City Council relating to:
1. Policy decisions related to diversity, equity and inclusion,
2. Public engagement strategies and methods by which all residents have the opportunity to better participate in the civic process,
3. Culturally responsive service delivery, programming, and communication strategies,
4. Creating, updating and overseeing progress on the City’s Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion plan and provide an annual update to the City Council,
5. Identifying local community leaders and building more leadership capacity in the City’s diverse communities, and
6. Make recommendations to the City Council for additions or subtractions of national observances and commemorative/heritage months. Members will be expected to think broadly in terms of how issues of racism, sexism, ableism, and other discriminatory and prejudicial biases impact all residents in Keizer. This Committee meets the first Thursday of each month at 6 p.m. at City Hall. (Three open positions)
Youth Committee Liaisons – Opportunities are currently available to high school students for service as Youth Committee Liaison on various city committees. Please check the city website Volunteer Information, Youth Volunteer for more information and to apply.
Anyone interested in applying for a position can pick up an application at Keizer City Hall at 930 Chemawa Road NE, access an electronic version at https://www.keizer.org/, or call/email Deputy City Recorder Dawn Wilson at 503-856-3418 / [email protected].
Applicants submitting applications by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, October 25, 2023 will be interviewed at the Thursday, November 9, 2023 Volunteer Coordinating Committee meeting.
The City of Keizer is committed to a culturally diverse work place. ADA/EOE.