For the Love of the Game, the not-for-profit group that maintains Keizer Little League Park, is looking for contributions to be able to make the improvements needed prior to the start of baseball and softball in spring 2023.
For a donation of $300 or more, For the Love of the Game will install a 4-foot-by-8-foot sign to promote the donor’s business. Donations of $550 or more will receive two signs, and $1000 or more will receive four signs.
Among the improvements needed are the installation of a security system, repairing and replacing rotting dugouts, adding side rails to bleachers, installing turf and other field maintenance.
The full list of improvements needed that For the Love of the Game provided is:
- Installation of security system to deter ongoing vandalism.
- Repair/replace gutters and downspouts.
- Repair/replace rotting dugouts.
- Add side rail to bleachers as needed.
- Rebuild pitching mounds in bullpens and fields.
- Install new scoreboard. (done)
- Paint the dugouts, concession stand (done), and restrooms (done).
- Fix or replace the “batter’s eyes.”
- Install turf in the bullpens.
- Upgrade the dirt and playing surfaces.
- Replace/upgrade press boxes.
- Add an auxiliary concession stand.
- Make Fields 9 to 12 available for multiuse such as soccer and lacrosse
- Create a new full-sized field (90’ bases).
Donations are tax-deductible and can be sent to For the Love of the Game, Inc., PO Box 20936 Keizer, OR 97307.