Author: Submitted

Beware of carbon monoxide

From the Oregon Office of Emergency Management: Loss of power and freezing temperatures have some Oregonians using alternate heating sources, many of which come with the added risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless, toxic gas produced when anything is burned. Gas and oil furnaces, water[Read More…]

It’s Cabaret

The Whiteaker Middle School choir program hosted its annual Cabaret show in late February. Students performed medleys from a variety of Broadway hits.


John Hartzell got a personal tour of the Keizer Police Department recently. In addition to meeting numerous officers, he got to try out some of the department hardware like a riot shield and the department’s heavy-duty door knocker.