Dropping off Santa letters at the Keizer Civic Center can result in getting a personal response from the North Pole.
Keizer residents composing letters to Santa are invited to drop them off in the big red mailbox in the Keizer Civic Center lobby by Dec. 12.
Letters, wish lists and season’s greetings for The Bearded One are welcome between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. All the letters will be forwarded to The North Pole as part of an annual program offered by the U.S. Postal Service.
To receive a letter back from Santa or his helpers (postmarked from The North Pole), follow the directions below:
1. Have the child write a letter to Santa and place it in an envelope addressed to: Santa Claus, North Pole.
2. Write a personalized response to the child’s letter and sign it “From Santa.”
3. Insert both letters into an envelope, and address it to the child.
4. Add the return address: SANTA, NORTH POLE, to the envelope.
5. Ensure a first-class stamp is affixed to the envelope.
6. Place the complete envelope into a larger envelope, with appropriate postage, and address it to:
North Pole Postmark, Postmaster, 4141 Postmark Drive, Anchorage, AK 99530-9998.