We want your help covering the reactions to COVID-19 happenings in Keizer. There are a couple of ways you can get involved. Please respond through Facebook or email [email protected]
1) Next week, we want to publish a comprehensive list of retail/food businesses open in Keizer. If you own or work at a Keizer retail business, we want to know what your current hours are and if you try to stock things like toilet paper, hand sanitizer and non-perishable at your store. Even if you don’t stock those types of things, we will let people know you are open.
2) If you serve food, tell us your hours, if takeout is an option and/or what delivery services you are using.
(Our reporters are going to go out on Monday to do this work but, if you can save us stops, you will help limit our exposure and ensure you keep getting the news.)
3) What acts of kindness and humanity have you seen in the community in the past week? We all need to hear the good as well as the scary.
4) If you've lost work as a result of the pandemic, what options are you considering? What would be the most helpful thing to get you through the tough times?
5) If you can share this message all around the city on social media.
Stay safe and healthy everybody, we need you.
Eric A. Howald
Keizertimes managing editor