COMMUNITY

Disney+ revives a classic Marvel cartoon in X-Men ’97 

Kids WB was always my jam but if I had ever deviated from my strict schedule and flipped over to Fox Kids I would have no doubt fallen in love with X-Men, the massively popular animated adaptation of Marvel’s classic band of merry mutants. 

The show was such a hit that Disney decided to continue it 27 years later with X-Men ‘97, an enjoyable cheese-fest with cool action, beautiful animation and an intergenerational appeal.

Rotary Raffle raises over $90K 

The Rotary Club of Keizer held its annual Go for the Gold Raffle Dinner and Party on Saturday, April 6, and raised more than $90,000 for club projects. 

Hundreds of attendees, dressed for the event’s theme: Tailgate Party, enjoyed a buffet dinner prepared by Jerry Crane Catering.

A taste of the Caribbean in Keizer 

“I have had pulled pork sandwiches from a lot of different places in my life but this was one of the best I have ever had,” Keizer resident Diana Romero said. 

Located at the Copper Creek Mercantile plaza on River Road, nestled behind the building is GW Caribbean BBQ, a smoked foods truck managed and worked by one-man team and Keizer resident Wilfrid Similien.

The 32nd annual colored pencil exhibition

The DC201-Portland Chapter of the Colored Pencil Society of America (CPSA) is hosting the 32nd annual Colored Pencil Exhibition from April 4 – 30 at the Keizer Art Association gallery located in the Keizer Cultural Center with a reception on April 6th from 2 – 4p.m.

Finding acres of hope in Independence 

Located on a large, emerald stretch of acreage, the Acres of Hope youth ranch, located at 6665 Rickreall Rd. in Independence, brings together nature, animals and a dedicated staff who provide therapeutic activities to the children who desire them.