COMMUNITY

Gubser walks 

Each evening, the walk will commence at 6:30 p.m. at Bob Newton Park, the informal stroll will wind throughout Gubser. Walkers are encouraged to bring along kids, dogs and friends.

“Now I can’t wait for the world to end” -Fallout

As existentially horrifying as the idea of nuclear war is, I will say that at least it has inspired some creative fiction over the years. 

For a good example look no further than Fallout, the hugely popular video game series where the roaches are humongous, the mutated monsters are plentiful and the Geiger counters enthusiastically sing their clicky song of death.

Disney+ revives a classic Marvel cartoon in X-Men ’97 

Kids WB was always my jam but if I had ever deviated from my strict schedule and flipped over to Fox Kids I would have no doubt fallen in love with X-Men, the massively popular animated adaptation of Marvel’s classic band of merry mutants. 

The show was such a hit that Disney decided to continue it 27 years later with X-Men ‘97, an enjoyable cheese-fest with cool action, beautiful animation and an intergenerational appeal.

Rotary Raffle raises over $90K 

The Rotary Club of Keizer held its annual Go for the Gold Raffle Dinner and Party on Saturday, April 6, and raised more than $90,000 for club projects. 

Hundreds of attendees, dressed for the event’s theme: Tailgate Party, enjoyed a buffet dinner prepared by Jerry Crane Catering.

A taste of the Caribbean in Keizer 

“I have had pulled pork sandwiches from a lot of different places in my life but this was one of the best I have ever had,” Keizer resident Diana Romero said. 

Located at the Copper Creek Mercantile plaza on River Road, nestled behind the building is GW Caribbean BBQ, a smoked foods truck managed and worked by one-man team and Keizer resident Wilfrid Similien.