COMMUNITY

Council candidates take part in two voter forums

Candidates for Keizer City Council will take part in a forum hosted by the West Keizer Neighborhood Association Tuesday, Oct. 8, from 7 to 8:30 p.m.  The forum will be hosted by Keizertimes Publisher Lyndon Zaitz in the lobby of the Keizer Civic Center. Candidates running for all open positions[Read More…]

St. Ed hosting a mini Oktoberfest in town Oct. 10-11

St. Edward Catholic Church will host a scaled-down, drive-thru version of Oktoberfest on Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 10 and 11. Oct. The cancellation of the Mt. Angel Oktoberfest left numerous local charitable organizations without a major fundraiser. St. Edward church leaders stepped up to help fill in the gap. “We[Read More…]

A ring of revolution as residents take mic

Courage coursed through the Keizer City Council chambers Monday, Sept. 28. At the outset of a planned meeting on inclusivity and equity, only three of the dozen or more attendees planned to offer input. But, by the time the meeting adjourned, more than twice that number had taken a turn[Read More…]

Book sale set for Oct. 2-3

The Keizer Community Library is holding a two-day book sale at the Keizer Civic Center (930 Chemawa Rd.) on Friday, Oct. 2 and Saturday, Oct. 3 from 9 a.m to 5 p.m. on each day. Nearly 8,000 books will be available at the sale.  Hardcover books, audio books, CDs, DVDs[Read More…]

Flu season is here, get a shot

The Centers for Disease Control, as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, is putting new urgency behind its annual push for flu vaccinations.  The agency urges everyone who can to make arrangement to receive the vaccine by the end of October. Flu shots are recommended for everyone six months and[Read More…]

Traffic Court

NO LICENSE Wladimiro Edson Zacarias, $235. NO INSURANCE Alexander James Snegirev, $265; Kaleb Christopher Day, $500; Kaitlynne Danielle Sue Jensen, $500; Jamel Alexander Sr Joseph, $500; Aljoze Reyes, $500; Alajandro Reyes-Urbano, $500; Matthew Morison Dean Tenney, $500; Edward A Wilson-Drake, $500; Spencer James Chumley, $265. NO PROOF OF INSURANCE Judy[Read More…]

KHT receives more than $9K in grant money

Marc Wasson (left) and Caitlyn Wise act out a scene in the 2019 Keizer Homegrown Theater production of Who am I this Time (& Other Conundrums of Love). It has been well documented how non-profit organizations have been deeply affected by the spread of COVID-19. Keizer Homegrown Theater (KHT) had six[Read More…]

Netflix’s High Score uses a cheat code

Ever since I received my first gaming system, a lime green Gameboy Color, and chose Squirtle as my starter companion in Pokémon Red Version,  I have had a passion for video games. Despite this, I have never been great at them; I am one of those guys who can play Super Smash[Read More…]

KAA celebrates Colors of Autumn

Keizer Art Association’s virtual show in October is Colors of Autumn. The association’s website will feature beautiful colors of the fall season. Entries of any medium depicting the colors of autumn may be entered. Children ages 4 – 14 are encouraged to enter this show. Entries may be submitted through Wednesday, September[Read More…]