(Photo courtesy of Keizer Police Department)
On September 21st at approximately 5 p.m. the Keizer Police Department responded to a motor vehicle crash in the 200 block of Cummings Lane N.
Officers arrived and conducted an investigation, which led to the arrest of 20-year-old Luke Peca.
It was determined that Mr. Peca was driving east on Cummings Ln. N. when he lost control, struck and sheared off a power pole and then rolled his vehicle into a parked car. A portion of Cummings Ln was closed and power to the area was out for approximately two-and-a-half hours.
Mr. Peca was arrested and charged with:
• One count of reckless driving = $5,000
• One count of driving under the influence of intoxicants = $5,000
• Three counts of reckless endangering = $15,000
• Three counts of criminal mischief in the first degree = $30,000
• One count of assault in the fourth degree = $5,000
• One count of driving while suspended = $440
• One count of driving uninsured = $265
Investigators believe that drugs, alcohol and speed were contributing factors to this incident.