With freezing weather expected to bring snow and possible ice rain to the Keizer area Thursday evening into Friday, it is good to remember tips about driving in those conditions:
• Position your hands on the steering wheel at 9 o’clock and 3 o’clock or lower;
• Go slow;
• Increase your distance from vehicles in front of you;
• If you lose traction, gradually slow down, do not slam on the brakes;
• Use extra caution the driving on bridges or concrete highways (this is where ice forms first);
• Drive with your lights on;
• Clear any snow, ice or frost from windows, lights, hood, heater and air inlet vents, mirror and wipers.
• Be courteous to other drivers.
If planning travel through the Cascade or coastal ranges or into the Columbia Gorge visit the Oregon Department of Transportation’s www.tripcheck.com for conditions in those areas.