Impacted by COVID freeze? ODHS wants to ease the burden

As Oregon endures a freeze on unnecessary activity to stop the rapid spread of COVID-19, the Oregon Department of Human Services (ODHS) is extending additional assistance to impacted families. 

All Oregonians can apply for food, cash and child care assistance from home without having to visit an office in person.

Visit for information on how to apply for assistance using the ODHS online application, email, mail, telephone or application drop off.

Oregonians who need urgent and ongoing food assistance can visit

Older adults or people with disabilities who need additional information about resources available to help can call 1-855-ORE-ADRC (1-855-673-2372) or visit

Information on how to apply for domestic violence assistance can also be found at

While many ODHS offices remain open to the public for essential business, we encourage members of the public to apply online, by email, by phone, or to call before coming in. In most cases, you don’t need to visit an office in person to get assistance.

For more ways to connect with ODHS or to find other types of assistance, contact 211info: by dialing 2-1-1 from any phone; text your zip code to 898211; email [email protected]; or visit or TTY users can dial 711 and call 1-866-698-6155