The City of Keizer is looking for volunteers to serve on the following committees and boards, including a new board that will review the city charter for revision and updates:
• Charter Review Committee (five vacancies) – The committee will serve in an advisory capacity on revisions. The committee will receive recommendation for changes to the charter, hold public hearings on proposed changes to the charter and recommend appropriate changes to the city council. The committee will provide a written report with the proposed changes to the council on or before Dec. 9, 2019. The committee will decide on the appropriate meeting times and days at their first meeting. It will consist of five Keizer citizens and two councilors.
• Public Art Commission (two vacancies) – meets the third Tuesday of every other month beginning each January to discuss matters and make decisions pertaining to Keizer public art projects.
• Keizer Points of Interest (one vacancy) – meets the fourth Thursday of each month at 6 p.m. to identify and memorialize points of interest.
• Stormwater Advisory Committee (one vacancy) – Members of this committee review guidelines and make recommendations to the city council on the development of ordinances pertaining to illicit discharge detection and elimination, stormwater runoff control, and stormwater management. Meetings are scheduled as needed and are usually held from 11:30 to 1 p.m. (one vacancy)
• Festival Advisory Board (one vacancy) – Serve in an advisory role by researching the feasibility for developing venues for events and festivals. The committee meets quarterly on the fourth Monday of each month beginning in January at 6 p.m.
Applications are available on www.keizer.org or in person at the Keizer Civic Center, 930 Chemawa Road N.E. Applications are due by Wednesday, June 12, at 5 p.m. to be considered during the June 20 meeting of the Volunteer Coordinating Committee.