The Keizertimes has partnered with citizen reporting tool SeeClickFix to give Salem-Keizer an interactive tool to report non-emergency, quality-of-life issues. Use this interactive map to notify neighbors and local officials about problems in our community. Flag potholes, bad lights, flood-prone dips and other road hazards, as well as grafitti and other eyesores.
How it works…
1. Click the “Report” tab on the left side of the map below. Enter the address or use the map marker to show us where the problem is. (Use the controls in the upper left corner to move the map around the window or zoom in and out.).
2. Once you have mapped the location of your issue, click next to start step 2.
3. Enter a summary of your issue, such as “Large pothole” or “Broken streetlight”. Once you’ve entered a summary, you can then fill out a more detailed description of the issue and even attach a photograph. After this is complete, enter a display name, such as “John” or “Anonymous”, as well as a valid email address. After you’ve completed all the fields, press submit to create a public report of your issue!
For faster problem solving…
· When reporting broken streetlights, try to get the light number off the pole. It’s usually at eye level on a metal disc. If that’s not available please list the address.
· Use exact addresses and/or nearby features (like a fire hydrant, fence or anything else distinctive) to help us narrow down the possible sites. Specifics WILL increase the chance of seeing your problem fixed!