COMMUNITY

A win-win for McNary’s student-athletes 

With another school year coming to a close in the next few months, the McNary Athletic Booster Club is ramping up efforts to gather more funding for students and needs the community’s help. 

This coming summer, the athletic club will host a workout camp, its second year in a row doing so, for McNary student-athletes.

Digging for gold and other valuables

By LYNDON ZAITZ Of the Keizertimes Fourteen people attended the latest monthly meeting of the Millennium Diggers Association on a recent rainy evening in Keizer. The Millennium Diggers Association is for people who share an interest in searching for things of value via the hobbies of metal detecting, prospecting, rock[Read More…]

Desert planet film provides deluge of stars, action, and plot 

Dune: Part Two was a slightly different beast—sure, it may be a whole 18 minutes longer, but I found 2021’s Part One to be exceptional.

And even though  Denis Villeneuve’s latest adaptation may have taken up a good chunk of my evening I have to say—I loved every minute of it.

“Four Thousand Paws: Caring for the Dogs of the Iditarod, a Veterinarian’s Story” by Lee Morgan

There aren’t many things worse than unintentionally sliding on the ice.
You know it’s going to happen before it does, and that makes it worse. You slip, recombobulate, whirl your arms and adjust, them boom, down you go anyhow. Slipping on ice is not fun, never mind driving on it – unless, of course your ride doesn’t glide on gasoline. Unless, as in the new book “Four Thousand Paws” by Lee Morgan, it runs on salmon and dog chow.