A 17-year-old was charged with stalking a business after shattering windows at Keizer Sub Shop twice in May.
About 3 p.m. on Wednesday, May 31, Keizer police officers responded to the business at 4490 River Road North on the report of a gun being fired at the windows. The suspect then fled the scene.
Officers arrived and determined that it was unlikely a gun was used, but another officer found the suspect nearby on Cherry Avenue Northeast. He was detained and taken to the scene where he was identified as the culprit. He had also previously victimized the business with another broken window on May 7.
The boy was arrested for menacing, disorderly conduct and criminal mischief and taken to the Marion County Juvenile Department.
The following day, June 1, the same teen was found walking toward Keizer Sub Shop by a Keizer officer. Fearing he might be returning to do additional damage, and knowing the teen was on runaway status, he was taken into custody and issued an Oregon Uniform Stalking Complaint for stalking the business.
Keizer Police Deputy Chief Jeff Kuhns said the teen is a ward of the state that officials have had trouble placing in a home. The State of Oregon had placed him in a hotel room with Department of Human Services workers outside the room 24/7. However, the workers could not prevent the teen from leaving, only report him as a runaway when he did so.
Because of the escalating incidents, Keizer police detectives have requested that state officials find an alternative form of supervision.
Monday, May 29
• 9 a.m. – Failure to perform duties of driver when property is damaged on 900 block Delta Drive NE.
• 1:09 p.m. – Theft from motor vehicle on 4200 block Meadowbrook Court NE.
• 6:03 p.m. – Arrest for theft, shoplifting, reckless driving, and criminal conspiracy on 6200 block Ulali Drive NE.
Tuesday, May 30
• 1:10 a.m. – Arrest for disorderly conduct and interfering with police officer on 300 block Sandy Drive N.
• 1:20 p.m. – Arrest for theft of bicycle on 1000 block Clear Lake Road NE.
• 2:51 p.m. – Arrest for shoplifting on on 6200 block Ulali Drive NE.
• 5:04 p.m. – Theft on 500 block Dearborn Avenue N.
• 9 p.m. – Criminal mischief and vandalism on 3300 block River Road N.
Wednesday, May 31
• 9:37 a.m. – Criminal mischief and vandalism on 2500 block Jorie Lane NE.
• 9:45 a.m. – Motor vehicle theft on 5500 block River Road N.
• 1:12 p.m. – Arrest for criminal mischief and vandalism on 4900 block Delight Street N.
• 2:21 p.m. – Traffic accident on River Road North and Garland Way North.
• 7 p.m. – Motor vehicle theft on 3500 block Sandra Avenue N.
Thursday, June 1
• 3:30 a.m. – Shoplifting and criminal conspiracy on 4300 block River Road N.
• 9:19 a.m. – Shoplifting on 900 block Chemawa Road NE.
• 10:30 a.m. – Physical harassment on 1800 block Alder Drive NE.
• 9:44 p.m. – Arrest for warrant on 600 block Manbrin Drive NE.
• 11 p.m. – Theft from motor vehicle on 5400 block McLeod Lane NE.
Friday, June 2
• 3 a.m. – Shoplifting on 4300 block River Road N.
• 3:43 p.m. – Arrest for warrant on 900 block Chemawa Road NE.
• 5:58 p.m. – Arrest for assault on 4900 block 13th Avenue NE.
• 11 p.m. – Theft from motor vehicle on 4500 block Northside Drive NE.
Saturday, June 3
• 1 a.m. – Theft from motor vehicle on 4300 block Northside Drive NE.
• 3 a.m. – Theft from motor vehicle on 4400 block Northside Drive NE.
• 6:20 a.m. – Arrest for unlawful possession of methamphetamine on 4300 block Rivercrest Drive N.
• 8 a.m. – Theft from motor vehicle on 4300 block Rivercrest Dirve N.
Sunday, June 4
• 2:28 a.m. – Arrest for unlawful possession of methamphetamine on Chemawa Road North and Newberg Drive North.
• 9:13 a.m. – Theft from motor vehicle on 4000 block Filbert Street NE.
• 11 a.m. – Theft from motor vehicle on 1100 block Clearview Avenue NE.