An alert neighbor led Keizer police officers to an attempted burglary on Saturday, Dec. 24.
About 11:45 p.m., officers responded to 1497 Golden Lane N. where the caller suspected his neighbor’s house was being broken into. The man knew his neighbor was not planning on being home that evening.
While en route to the scene, officers were told the suspects were making several trips from the residence to a waiting 2006 Nissan Quest.
Upon arrival, they found 40-year-old Ryan James Richards, of Salem, sitting behind the wheel of the vehicle. Thirty-year-old Teisha Danae Schaecher, of Salem, was found hiding behind a bush in the backyard of the residence. Both are from Salem and were detained without incident.
During an investigation, officers learned that the victim knew at least the female and that a burglary had been attempted at the residence the previous night.
Both suspects were arrested after a lengthy interview and developing probable cause that the pair were intending to burglarize the home, said Deputy Chief Jeff Kuhns of the Keizer Police Department.
Schaecher was charged with attempted burglary, possession of burglar’s tools, criminal trespass, criminal mischief and unlawful possession of a Schedule IV drug. Richards was charged with burglary and criminal trespass.
A subsequent investigation led to probable cause that Richards and Schaecher had attempted to burglarize the home the previous day and additional charges of burglary and criminal trespass were lodged against both.
“This is a good example of neighbors communicating with neighbors whom they trust,” Kuhns said. “Had the neighbor who witnessed the suspects attempting to commit this residential burglary not known the owner was going to be away from her residence for Christmas Eve he may not have thought twice about reporting his observations to the police department, but because he knew nobody was supposed to be at the residence he called in his observations and a residential burglary was interrupted and stopped by the officers who arrived within minutes of receiving this call.”
Uptown Music burglarized
Uptown Music was burglarized Monday, Dec. 19, and the culprits escaped with electric guitars valued at more than $5,000.
Officers responded to an alarm at the business about 2:45 a.m. and discovered the forced entry had been made into the business.
Keizer police officials are withholding some details of the incident while the investigation continues. No arrests have been made.
Sunday, Dec. 18
• 9 p.m. – Arrest for theft from vehicle, unlawful entry vehicle, intent to commit theft, on 1000 block Fir Cone Lane NE.
Monday, Dec. 19
• 6:30 a.m. – Menacing, threats/intimidation and physical harassment on 3900 block Partridge Lane NE.
Tuesday, Dec. 20
• 12:23 a.m. – Theft from building on 1100 block Clearview Ave NE.
• 7:28 a.m. – Criminal mischief and vandalism on 200 block Northridge Court N.
• 12:15 p.m. – Theft from vehicle on 5300 block River Road N.
• 1:52 p.m. – Robbery, physical harassment and shoplifting on 3800 block River Road N.
• 4:01 p.m. – Criminal mischief and vandalism on 600 Cummings Lane N.
• 5:15 p.m. – Arrest for DUII on 600 block Plymouth Drive NE.
Wednesday, Dec. 21
• 1:29 a.m. – Endanger minors welfare and paraphernalia on 300 block Glybrook Street N.
• 1:45 a.m. – Arrest for strangulation, menacing, threats/intimidation on 7500 block 2nd Ave N.
• 8:35 a.m. – Theft on 5000 block Windsor Island Road N.
• 10:25 a.m. – Arrest for possession of methamphetamine, possession of a stolen vehicle, theft from a motor vehicle and unauthorized use of a motor vehicle in the 1500 block of Freeman Court NE.
• 6:47 p.m. – Traffic accident at River Road N and Lockhaven Drive N.
Thursday, Dec. 22
• 1:02 p.m. – Arrest for possession of methamphetamine in the 3700 block of Cherry Avenue NE.
• 7:12 p.m. – Arrest for contempt of court in 7500 block of Zinfandel Street NE.
Friday, Dec. 23
• 7:58 a.m. Arrest for bench warrant in 1700 Stone Hedge Court NE.
• 3:16 p.m. Arrest for interfering with a police officer and disorderly conduct in the 1100 block of Ridgepoint Street NE.
Saturday, Dec. 24
• 11:23 p.m. – Arrest for burglary, possession of burglar’s tools, trespass, criminal mischief and possession of a controlled substance in the 1400 block of Golden Lane N.
Sunday, Dec. 25
• 8:08 p.m. – Arrest for bench warrant (failure to appear) in the 4900 block of River Road N.
Monday, Dec. 26
• 2:43 p.m. – Arrest for bench warrant (failure to appear) in the 5000 block of Allendale Way NE.
• 4:54 p.m. – Arrest for criminal trespass in the 6100 block Lauderback Street NE.