(Submitted by Keizer Fire District)

(Photo submitted by Keizer Fire District)

Firefighters with the Keizer Fire District stopped a blaze in a single-wide mobile home at Rainbow Gardens Mobile Home Park on Chemawa Road Thursday night.

Fire crews were able to keep the fire from spreading to other residences in the park.

The owner of the mobile home called 9-1-1 around 11:30 p.m. on Dec. 20 after being awakened by her Chihuahua. The 63-year-old female saw the smoke and flame coming from the front of the home and was able to get out with her dog.

Although there was a fire alarm in the home, firefighters found it was inoperable at the time of the fire. The homeowner had let her fire insurance lapse two months ago.

On-Scene Video (submitted by Keizer Fire District)

The woman, who was treated for minor smoke inhalation, thanked firefighters for saving family mementos and is staying with family.

Firefighters were on the scene in less than four minutes, but there was still extensive smoke damage throughout the structure and the home was declared a total loss, with an estimated value of less than $20,000. The cause of the fire was believed to be overloaded extension cords.