Easter egg hunts along with a smattering of classes and a bunch of live music events are on tap this weekend in the run-up to Easter Sunday.
While many of this year’s hunts are free, it’s a good idea to remember a basket no matter where you are and dress for the weather, including rain boots.
Here’s a roundup of hunts and other related events in Keizer and elsewhere:
• Albertsons, 8 a.m Saturday, April 7. Free. 5450 River Road N. Easter Bunny will appear, and free doughnut holes and coloring contest.
• Dayspring Fellowship hosts its 14th Annual Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday, April 7. 9 a.m. for 1st-5th grades, 10 a.m. for nursery to kindergarten. Candy and prizes are free. The church is located at 1755 Lockhaven Drive NE.
• Keizer Christian Church Easter Egg Hunt, Saturday, April 7. 10 a.m., 6945 Wheatland Road NE. Free. Up to age 12 welcome.
• Silver Creek Fellowship Easter Egg Hunt at Keizer campus, Saturday, April 7, 2 p.m. 4 p.m., children sixth grade and younger welcome. Refreshments. 7685 River Road NE.
• Keizer Clear Lake United Methodist, Sunday, April 8. 10:40 a.m. (approximate), 7920 Wheatland Road N. Hunt will be on the lawn between Forest Ridge Elementary School and the church. Babies through fifth graders welcome.
•The Meadows Neighborhood is hosting an egg hunt at 11 a.m. at Meadows Park off River Road. To participate fill 12 plastic eggs with age-appropriate candy, toys or money and deliver them to 7208 Park Terrace Drive N.E. by the evening of April 6.
•River Road Assisted Living hosts hunt, Sunday, April 8, 1 p.m. 3 p.m. 592 Bever Drive NE. Free. Separate hunts for children up to age 5, and 6-12. Snacks and raffle for four Easter baskets.
• The Easter Bunny is available for photos at Lancaster Mall in Salem from noon 7 p.m. Friday and 11 a.m. and 7 p.m. Saturday.
• Salem Westminster Presbyterian, Saturday, April 7, 9 a.m., 3737 Liberty Road S.
• Marion County Volunteer Firefighters Assn. hosts Easter Egg Hunt Saturday, April 7. 10 a.m., Macleay Station No. 4, 2100 84th Avenue SE. Free.
• Easter Fun and Hunt, 10 a.m., Wavra Farms & Nursery, 7882 Jordan St. SE, Salem. Advance registration required at 503-364-3879 or online at wavrafarms.com. Free. Ages 5-10 welcomed. Plant an Easter basket and enjoy an egg hunt at the end of the class.
• Optimist’s Club of Salem Annual Easter Egg Hunt at Morningside United Methodist Church, 10 a.m., 3674 12th St. SE, Salem. Free.
• Bauman Farms Easter Egg Hunt, 10 a.m. and 1 p.m., Saturday, April 7, 12989 Howell Prairie Road, Salem. $3 hunt, $1 cookie class, $3 sock hop and train. Ages 1-12. Easter Bunny will appear.
• Grace Baptist Church, 10 a.m. Saturday, April 7, 4197 State St., Salem. Breakfast and hunt. Free. This hunt is a bit different: Children travel among uniquely-decorated rooms, looking for one egg each. Ages 12 and younger.
• First Congregational Church of Salem, 10:15 a.m., 700 Marion Street NE, Salem.
• Willamette Valley Fruit Company, Saturday, April 7, 2994 82nd Avenue NE. Free. Hunt by 0-3 year olds at 10 a.m., 4-6 years old at 10:30 a.m., and 7-10 year olds at 11 a.m.
• Salem Kroc Center hosts Underwater Egg Hunt, noon, Leisure Pool, 1865 Bill Frey Drive NE. More information at salemkroc.org.
• Skyline Church, Saturday, April 7, 10 a.m., 4787 Skyline Road S., Salem.
• Marquis Care at Silver Gardens, 4 p.m. Friday, April 6. 115 S. James St., Silverton. Free. 10 and under.
• Marian Estates, 10 a.m., Saturday, April 7. 390 Church Street SE, Sublimity. Rain or shine. Children up to ages 10 invited to hunt for some 4,000 eggs. Includes Easter Bunny appearance.
• Mt. Angel Towers, 10 a.m. Saturday, April 7. 1 Towers Lane, Mt. Angel. Free. Prizes and Easter Bunny.
• Brooks Assembly of God, Sunday, April 8, 12:15 p.m., 9165 Portland Road NE, Brooks.
• Lighthouse Farm Sanctuary in Scio, 1 p.m. Sunday, April 8. $5 per person, no charge for children in strollers or being carried. A twist: Eggs are filled with treats for resident animals. Kids can find eggs, then feed animals with their contents. No dogs.
• Silverton Elks Annual Easter Egg Hunt, 1:30p.m. Sunday, April 8. Free. 425 N. Church St., in Silverton.
• Cherry City Music Festival. Noon to 6 p.m. Dozens of bands are featured at 15 venues around downtown Salem. For a full line-up, visit www.cherrycitymusic.com. All shows are free.
Saturday & Sunday:
• Fellowship Church, 4059 Market Street N.E., is hosting a 48-Hour Stations of the Cross Interactive Worship Experience. Stations depicting different aspects of the crucifixion of Christ and its impact on the world invite viewers to step into the event and interact in creative ways. 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
• Services at Countryside Christian Church, 5775 McLeod Lane N.E. – 9 a.m., 10:30 a.m. and noon.
• Easter Sunday Brunch at Eola Hills Wine Cellars, 501 S. Pacific Highway 99W, in Rickreall. 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.