Fire consumed a shed and large bushes last week. (submitted photo)

At 10:05 p.m. Saturday, July 31, Keizer district firefighters responded to a shed fire at 4453 18th Avenue NE. [MAP: 2]

Crews arrived to find a sotrage shed and tall arborvitae bushes on fire.

A second alarm was called for more personnel due to the fire spreading from the shed to neighboring properties.

Fire crews then began an aggressive attack of the shed fire. The second alarm engine company extinguished arborvitae bushes engulfed in fire on an adjacent property.

The situation was under control in 25 minutes.

The shed is owned by Adam and Cheryl Krein who were at home at the time of the fire. Damage to the shed is estimated at $5,000 as the fire damaged the entire structure and caused $2,000 in damage to the contents. No injuries were reported.

During the investigation, Adam Krein reported he had burned material in a burn barrel in the backyard earlier in the day. From the location of the barrel, associated fire damage and homeowner statements, Keizer Fire District determined the fire to be accidental.

The Keizer Fire District reminds residents that backyard burning is prohibited within the city limits.

– Lance Masterson